Digital Scrapper

Default Limit Organizer?

I have 100K+ images spread over 5 Photos libraries. One of the Photos Library is just for my DS kits. I only want to have my Scrapbook Library in Organizer but I don't know how to control which items it imports. I opened Organizer for first time, expecting it to ask me what files I wanted to import but it just began downloading my Photos (Mac) System Library. So..

1) How can I delete those files Organizer downloaded in error without deleting at the location from which it imported?

2) How do I limit the organizer to files I direct it to import, not automatically those on former Organizer nor from whichever Photos Library I last used?
    I am unable to find any PSE preferences pertaining to this issue.
    Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Sally
    PSE 15
    Mac OS X 10.12
    Safari
    Photos

Sally,

I just installed PSE 15 on my Mac.

1) To delete those files, just select the ones you want removed from the organizer, right click (I have my mouse to have a right click) and choose "Delete from Catalog." Elements will pop up a dialog saying the selected item(s) will be deleted from the catalog. There is a checkbox on that dialog that says, "Also delete selected item(s) from the hard drive." Make sure that is UNCHECKED.

2) Then, to direct the organizer on what to import, choose File->Get Photos and Videos-> And then there are multiple options there : Files and Folders, Camera or Card Reader, In Bulk, Iphoto. Chose whichever one you want. If you choose Files and Folders, it will show you a file browser and you can choose the folder from which to import.

Let us know if we can help more.
    -Trish, Forum Director

PSE 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and CS5, CS6, CC201717 on Windows 10; CC and PSE 13, 15 on Mac; IMatch for Organizing Photos on Windows
    Nikon D50 (dSLR), Nikon 560 (point and shoot), iPhone 6
    My Gallery

Thanks, Trish. You saved me again!
    Sally
    PSE 15
    Mac OS X 10.12
    Safari
    Photos

You can go to your watch folder under the file in organizer and uncheck pictures and add the areas you want to come in to the organizer.