Digital Scrapper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Persnickety

Default Persnickety

The newest place to get your LOs printed up is called Persnickety. I just had 135 pages printed, and am DAZZLED. The quality is wonderful, the speed was unbelievable, and the customer service is awesome.

The only tiny issue I had with them is that the LOs would not upload until I transferred them from PSE to my desktop. But that was a minor glitch for me considering how user-friendly they were otherwise. I had 8.5 x 11 prints done with a full bleed.

12 x 12 $1.99 ea
    10 x 10 1.99
    8.5 x 11 1.89
    8 x 10 1.89
    8 x 8 .99
    6 x 6 .79
    5 x 7 .69
    5 x 5 .59
    4 x 6 .29

archival photo paper
    lustre
    glossy
    metallic

they also do photo books and greeting cards
    (& they have some freebies)

Free shipping with orders of $50 or more.

I had a 25%-off coupon, but do not know when the next sale is. I signed up to be notified.
    Last edited by SharLamb; 02-27-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    Shar
    iPhone (has become my go-to "camera"); Canon Rebel xsi; Canon SX280HS (p&S)
    CS5
    PSE 9 Organizer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 8 on a PC
    Browser: Chrome

I'm heading over there now to check it out! Thanks for the great tip!
    Jan Walker

Jan's Digital Scrapper Gallery

Creative Teams:
    Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild
    E-Scape and Scrap
    Studio Manu at Scrapbook Graphics

Shar, was there any clipping of your pages? Or did everything print perfectly?
    Lana
    PSE 11, ACDSee Pro 7, Epson Artisan 837
    Win7 Home Premium, 64-bit
    , Firefox, IE 10

Canon 60D, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200

Lana's Gallery
    Classes: 10 Photo Techniques * 20 Type Tutorials * Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE 11 * Get Organized NOW! * Power Scrapbooking * Little Known Secrets of PSE Tools * Help For Heritage Photos * Digi Cards 101 * Creative Inspiration * ABCs of Page Design * Your Story. Brilliant (in progress) * Art of Blending * ClickArtistry-Photo Art Blends * Home Decor & Gifts * Custom Shadow Mastery: Part 1 & Part 2 * Natural Light Photography * The Savvy Stasher * Actions: Fix Photos Fast! *

Oh, and one other question, Shar. Did the color look like what you saw on your own monitor?
    Lana
    , Firefox, IE 10

Lana's Gallery
    Classes: 10 Photo Techniques * 20 Type Tutorials * Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE 11 * Get Organized NOW! * Power Scrapbooking * Little Known Secrets of PSE Tools * Help For Heritage Photos * Digi Cards 101 * Creative Inspiration * ABCs of Page Design * Your Story. Brilliant (in progress) * Art of Blending * ClickArtistry-Photo Art Blends * Home Decor & Gifts * Custom Shadow Mastery: Part 1 & Part 2 * Natural Light Photography * The Savvy Stasher * Actions: Fix Photos Fast! *

Lana, with 135 pages, I have to admit, I didn't inspect them with a fine tooth comb, but did not notice any clipping that was significant enough to jump out at me (& I have spent time sorting them). As to the color....I think I would say they were a little darker than on my screen, but I never expect things to appear exactly as they do on my screen. In fact, I use two monitors, and even they don't match each other perfectly. I was satisfied with what I got. But you should certainly test them out before sending them a big order.
    Shar
    CS5
    PSE 9 Organizer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 8 on a PC

135 pages??? My goodness. You just don't sit still do you?

Glad you found another good place to print. Will check them out. Thanks for sharing.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 13, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

Some of those pages had already been printed once. I am giving my DDIL a birthday gift of pages I have done of her family over the last 2.5 years. But yes, I do make a lot of pages. In the week since I sent them in, I already have 16 new pages done. Some of my pages are VERY simple however....just photos...no papers or elements except for a narrow bar to separate the pictures, and a date.
    Shar
    CS5
    PSE 9 Organizer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 8 on a PC

Quote Originally Posted by SharLamb View Post
    Lana, with 135 pages, I have to admit, I didn't inspect them with a fine tooth comb, but did not notice any clipping that was significant enough to jump out at me (& I have spent time sorting them). As to the color....I think I would say they were a little darker than on my screen, but I never expect things to appear exactly as they do on my screen. In fact, I use two monitors, and even they don't match each other perfectly. I was satisfied with what I got. But you should certainly test them out before sending them a big order.
    Okay. Thanks for the info, Shar.
    Lana
    , Firefox, IE 10

Lana's Gallery

I just printed 10 of my page at 12x12 size for the first time at Costco. I was disappointed at how much darker the prints were than what I see on my screen. Is this normal? Should I lighten everything up and try again or should I make a comlaint and have the pages printed again? How do Persnickety prints compare to what you see on screen? I do have a Spyder so maybe I need to use that and recalibrate my monitor.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Becki Bishop
    Photoshop Elements 11,
    Windows 7
    Internet Explorer 9

You need to talk to the people at Costco. They have a particular setting they make. It's been a long time since I had anything printed there, but they should know what I'm talking about.

Other than that, I could suggest you have a few test pages made at Persnickety (or other printer) to see how you like them. I have them print mine a touch lighter than "normal," and they are perfect. I remind them each time I send in an order how I like them, and they do it right.
    Shar
    CS5
    PSE 9 Organizer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 8 on a PC