Digital Scrapper

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Suezette Guest

I also use the Font Thing. It's so easy to install/uninstall fonts quickly also and you can look at them easily.
    Plus, now that I know I can turn those dingbats into brushes, I'm even happier that I can catagorize them separately.

slwood3 Guest

Scrapbook Answers magazine had a demo version of some software called Printer's Apprentice. It is great for fonts. You can even print a list of all your fonts. I don't remember which month's disk it was on, but a web search should locate the software. BTW this magazine offers some great digital freebies on its disk each month. It is an awesome magazine.

Check out www.fontgarden.com for some really nice ones, too, including a lot of handwriting fonts, which are great for journaling.
    Jan Walker

Jan's Digital Scrapper Gallery

Creative Teams:
    Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild
    E-Scape and Scrap
    Studio Manu at Scrapbook Graphics

Ok, I have to ask, what is the Font Thing?:

Sokkie Guest

I love http://kevinandamanda.com/scrapbook/fonts/fontsforpeas and http://www.1001fonts.com/index.html

Fonts for peas has lots of handwriting fonts, and I use them a lot for my journaling.
    I also love the fonts from Pizzadude.

square8 Guest

Default Thanks For The Tip

Thanks for the link to the Yahoo font group. I just signed up because
    it looks like a time-efficient way to add to my font collection.

7. Default About the Font Thing

Givenout, the Font Thing is a font organizer that lets you install/uninstall fonts at will (its a free program, just have to download it).

It will really slow your computer down when you have too many fonts installed. The Font Thing lets you keep all the font files in folder(s), and download them only when you want, when your finished you just go and click the little icon to unload it.

HTH - Jo

Jo......I've downloaded the Font Thing and I love the way I can now see examples of the fonts.

My question is.........how does this work within Elements. How do you access a font if you haven't installed it in the Windows font file?

Thanks.

I think I've answered my own question with this excellent tutorial.

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...ontthing.shtml

So I take it that through this program you just install the font when you want to use it and then uninstall it........that would involve closing and reopening Elements though wouldn't it?

I've got The Font Thing up and running now. What a brilliant and very useful little program. Thanks for making me aware of it.