Digital Scrapper

1. Default Font management software

Anyone have recommendations for a font manager? I have vista.

I don't use a font management program (I'm not a font junkie), but I think The Font Thing comes recommended by a few. If you do a search of the forums, I'm sure you'll find a couple of recommendations.

-Trish, Forum Director

PSE 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13, and CS5, CS6, CC on Vista and Windows 7; IMatch for Organizing Photos
    Nikon D50 (dSLR), Nikon 560 (point and shoot)
    My Gallery

Suburban Chicago, Illinois

I used (and loved) the font thing when I had windows XP, however it does not work with Windows 7 so I switched to AMP Font Viewer. It was free and it allows me to temporarily install fonts which was what I wanted a manager to do.
    PS CC, Lightroom 5, Illustrator CS6, Bridge CC
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Persnikety Prints or Epson R1800 Printer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet

My Gallery

USA - Baltimore, MD

I thank you for listing that free font installation software. My font navigator also will not work in windows 7 prof. It was also a font manager--for free.

5. Default

mom2bandc, I started using AMP Font Viewer, and I find it a little confusing. Can you tell me the difference between "View folder/Install list of fonts" and "View folder and installed fonts"?

I have the free AMP Font Viewer. I install all of my fonts so I use this software for a quick glimpse of each font when I'm searching for a special look. I create some categories: script, block & bold, children, etc. and that helps me find a font that I want to use.

This software gives me a large view of each.

Windows 10
    Edge and Firefox
    PSE 13;ACDSee PRO
    Classes: Let's Scrap; Easy Page Design;
    Heritage Photos; Ten Terrific Photo Techniques;
    Easy Design Elements
    ; Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE13;
    DigiCard 101; Power Scrapbooking, All Season Snow Globes;
    LKS of Elements Tools, Art of Blending, Custom Shadow Mastery I & II

SAVVY Stasher; Actions class

Christchurch, New Zealand

I've just started using Nexus Font on Linda's recommendation. It works well with Vista.
    Windows 8.1

I just installed Nexus, first time I ever used a font manager. The version that installed is I have the instructions Jan did for Week 5 of the Get Organized Now class, but I guess I need more basic info first. I clicked on Help for the program expecting but there is no help like other programs--it's more of a response to the action just performed. I clicked on the website but that was no help either.

When I first installed the program, the Library showed 447 fonts installed, all showing the Windows icon. When I opened the Fonts folder on my Control Panel, it showed those same fonts. Is that the fonts that are used in all the programs on my computer, or do I have to load the fonts from each individual program? Jan's instructions include a paragraph on how to add font folders to the Library by navigating to a font folder on my PC. Is that what she means--font folders from Adobe, MS Outlook, Word, etc.?

I've already uninstalled some and am down to 320. Those 107 uninstalled are now in the NexusFont/User Data/Backup folder, so I know I can install them again if I want to. But according to Jan's instructions, fonts don't need to be installed to use them in a program--if they are listed in the Nexus Library, they are available for use because of Auto Activate. I din't see anything that says Auto Activate, and I no longer see the unstalled fonts in the Library. I assume I need to load the Nexus backup folder in order to be able to use them...??

Maybe I'm just over thinking all this, but I want somebody to hold my hand!
    PSE 11, Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Wacom tablet (learning)
    (My SG Gallery)

I've done the upgrade and everything tranferred without a problem.
    I've noticed that after closing down nexus & then later when I restart nexus my sets & folders I've made no longer have the fonts in them.At first I was dismayed. I have figured out if i click on the name of the set or folder nexus reloads the fonts I put in. Also I think you have to open nexus before opening photoshop/elements for the fonts always to show up because sometimes if I open nexus after I open my program the fonts I've dowloaded show up & sometimes not. or maybe my nexus was just not responding when I noticed this. Not sure.
    Last edited by JobaScraps; 03-09-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Windows 7
    Window Internet Exployer
    Nikon d5000 & FugiFinepix Point & Shoot
    Classes: Lets Scrap , EasypageDesign & Get Organized classes
    Actions: Fix Photos Fast! The Savvy Stasher .Natural Light Photography
    Custom Shadow Mastery 1 & 2 Bundle.ClickArtistry - Photo Art Blends
    Art of Blending' Little Known Secrets Using Adobe Photoshop Tools . Soulful Silhouettes ' Power Scrapbooking . Easy Page Design 2: Focus on Elements
    ClickArtistry Pop Art Posters. Ten Terrific Photo Techniques . Creative Inspiration
    Digi Cards 101 .Help For Heritage Photos
    Your Story Brilliant.

MY ScrappersGuide Gallery
    My Blog
    365 Photowalk Blog

I used some of the free font managers and they worked well. I found installing all the fonts bogged down PSE so I now keep my fonts in a different folder and install as I need them. I don't know how these font managers compare, but I did come across Printer's Apprentice ( and it has worked very well for me with Windows 7. There is a free download, but I don't know if it has a limited time for use before it must be purchased or just a minimum application unless purchased.

I found it easy to use once I became familiar with its features. It is easy to transfer fonts into the many categories that I have set up. I like the fact that I can view the font as a single letter or in a sentence. There is also a feature for font comparisons.
    Lin G
    PSE 11
    Windows 10-64 bit
    Canon SX50HS - Nikon Coolpix S9900