Digital Scrapper

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Default Join us for Project 12 in 2013

Hi, everyone, and welcome to Project 12 in 2013. This is one of my favorite challenges here at Digital Scrapper, and I'm happy to say I will be hosting it again this year. Last year I got to sneak a peek into your lives: I've watched your families grow and shared in the happy times and not so happy times. I'm looking forward to seeing your year unfold, so please join me in 2013.

For those of you who are new to Project 12, it's quite simple, and a fun, flexible way to document our lives.

Here's how it works:

This is your project, and you can do it any way you like, whether you take one photo, 100 photos, or no photos each month. Create a layout or spread on a monthly basis which recaps what you have been doing and post your page/s in our Project 12 Gallery each month.

• You may use any kit or template to design your pages.
    • Each month will get its own category in the Project 12 gallery. When you've finished your pages, please be sure to upload them into the gallery of the month the layout occurred in (not the month you finished the page).
    • Let's keep all the Project 12 discussion, links to pages, etc. in this thread, so everyone can find it.
    • Make sure to keep on eye on the blog for updates and announcements. You never know, we might just feature your pages!
    Last edited by Linda Sattgast; 01-04-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Nikon D60 and Nikon D700
    PSE 12
    Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8

My Gallery

Helpful things I've learned over the years doing Project 12.

Decide on how you want your project to be before you start. One page or multiple pages? Will you be sending your finished book out to be printed or print at home?

The biggest thing that helped me keep on track was making my templates for the whole year ahead of time. All I needed to do was plop my photos in, add my journaling and I was done. It really took a lot of the stress away and made the project so much easier to finish.

I keep a journaling calendar, so I can journal a line or two about my day. The bigger things sticks in my mind, but often the smaller everyday things get forgotten.

While documenting the happy times is wonderful, don't forget to include things that aren't so happy and the little everyday things. Years from now, when you are looking back on your year, you'll be glad you did.

If you are including photos of people, add their name somewhere on your page. We might not forget who they are, but someone looking at your book down the road may not know who they are.
    Last edited by Linda Sattgast; 01-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Nikon D60 and Nikon D700
    PSE 12

My Gallery

Hi Connieg,
    I'm going to try this again. I started great last year, then got busy and tapered off, ending with a page for each month instead of each week. Having a monthly page done, though, really has helped with putting my yearly calendar together. I love the way you do a photo a day. I may try something like that. When things get busy, it is so hard to stay consistent. So whether I end up with a photo a day or a photo a month, it still is a great way to keep me on track. Thank-you for doing this again.
    Patty
    Windows 7, CS6; Lightroom, Bridge, Canon 60D, 70D
    Classes: "Easy Page Design";"Let's Scrap"; "Get Organized Now!"; "Your Story: Brilliant!", and quite a few more!
    My Gallery: http://www.scrappersguide.com/forums...0&ppuser=13486

Yay! I'm already working on a new template to use for this year!
    ~Kyrie
    Using PSE10
    On a Windows 7 computer
    Usually on the web in Firefox
    Hey! I've got a blog!

Ladies, Glad to see you are joining in on the fun again this year.
    I'm still trying to decide how I want to do my project this year. I've been doing a photo a day for three years now and it is getting harder for me to be creative. Clay and I are really creatures of habit.
    Nikon D60 and Nikon D700
    PSE 12

My Gallery

January observances and fun facts:
    New Year's Day
    14th. Dress up your pet day
    21st Inauguration day
    21st Martin Luther Kind day
    24th Belly Laugh day
    24th. National Peanut Butter day
    26th Australia day

January's flower is the carnation
    Birthstone is the Garnet

11th. New moon
    26th. Full moon
    Last edited by connieg; 01-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Nikon D60 and Nikon D700
    PSE 12

My Gallery

This was a great way to keep me going....I used the month's kit each month. I missed a few months last year but plan to catch up.....

I started doing Project 12 last year, but didn't get past February until I picked it up again in Sept. This month I have come to realize how useful this really is. When I started reflecting abut 2012, I realized that I had forgotten all the little things and probably many of the not-so-little ones. So this year, I plan to do this project so I can have shomething to show for at the end of the year. This time I am really excited about it and God willing will stick to it. Thank you Connie for your encouragement and tips.

Luisa Kelly
    CC2014, Elements 11, Wacom Capture tablet
    Nikon Coolpix P500
    Windows 7
    Chrome
    Folders

My gallery

Hello ConnieG,
    After looking at your Project 12 gallery I'm inspired to join in the monthly project. My husband and I are retired, kids all grown and we have two beautiful teen granddaughters. We live with our daughter and the grands in Palm Coast, Florida with the Intracoastal Waterway in our back yard and the ocean, a 5 min walk from our house. We call it paradise. There is always something going on to take photos of, with lots of family and friends visiting. So, I'm really looking forward to joining in Project 12, 2013. I know it's going to be fun! Thank you for your tips, I'm going to make my template right now.
    Nancy O
    Windows 8, Mozilla Firefox,
    PSE 13, ACDSee 18
    Sony Cybershot, iPhone 6

Connie, thanks for the tips. October of 2012 was when I discovered Project 2012 and was hooked, however I struggled with the layout for a while. This year I am taking your advice and creating a template. I look forward to documenting a whole year to look back at.
    Annette Sturgeon

CS 6
    Wacom Bamboo Table This will take some getting used to.
    Photoshop CC 2014, Windows 8, Chrome

Digital Scrapper Gallery
    Photgraphic Creations